Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Relay for Life

My friend Maggie Witt participates in the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life. Here's an announcement she sent out today.

Hi All,

As you know or may not know, I have been involved with the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life for four years. This year I will be walking on the All Knighter Team with my good friends, Norma Bachert & Kathy Magerkurth. We have been the team captains for the North County Times for the past three years, but decided to form a team in Honor & Memory of our Fathers who fought cancer. I also lost my sister, Sandy, to cancer in 2005.

Your donation will go towards research & programs that will help develop cures and fund programs that cancer patients can use. Any amount will help.
I will be passing an envelope around for the next few days here in the Escondido office, and I'm hoping for your support. I understand if times are tough and you won't be able to help out this time, but if you can spare any amount it is greatly appreciated! Cash, checks and credit cards are accepted.

Click here to donate by credit card or buy a luminaria online or you can just check out my Personal Page.

There is a brochure attached to my envelope that I will be passing around if you want more info, the event is taking place on April 26 & 27th at Mira Costa College in Oceanside and you are more than welcome to join us there! There will be food, raffles, entertainment and a Kid's Camp.

Thanks for your support in advance!!
Maggie & Captain Sparrow
Relay For Life 2007

No comments: